Children’s Books from La Leche League USA’s Bookshelf
There are many beautiful books about breastfeeding that are written specifically for children. We’ve compiled a list of children’s breastfeeding books which feature colorful artwork, simple and heartwarming stories. Breastfeeding books may even make a great gift for the little ones in your life. You can find information on these books and more on the La Leche League USA Goodreads page.
Breastfeeding books for children can serve a variety of purposes. One purpose is simply to celebrate the gift of human milk as a wonderful way to nourish and soothe little ones.
- Cuddled and Carried by Dia Michels
- The Best Gifts by Marsha Forchuk Skrypuch
- Babies Nurse by Phoebe Fox
- Mama’s Milk by Michael Elsohn Ross
- Mama Feeds Me All The Colors by Duopress Labs
Another good reason for children’s breastfeeding books is to prepare older siblings for how their new baby sibling will be fed.
- Best Milk by Kate Carothers
- Magical Milk by Nasheeda Pollard
- What Does Baby Want? by Tupera Tupera
Finally, when the journey is coming to a close, there are some great books which can help your child understand the gentle weaning process and retain the connection built while breastfeeding long after they have weaned.
- Loving Comfort: A Toddler Weaning Story by Julie Dillemuth
- Milkies In The Morning: A Gentle Night Weaning Storybook by Jennifer Saleem
- A Time to Wean by Marlene Susan
- Nursies When the Sun Shines by Katherine Havener
We hope this list helps. If you have a favorite breastfeeding book to share, whether it is a children’s book or otherwise, we’d love to hear about it. Send your stories and book reviews to Kylie at [email protected].
Supporting Breastfeeding Families–Today, Tomorrow, Always
Make your Year-End Gift by Clicking Below
Please consider donating to La Leche League USA.
Your gift helps support this blog and the website!
Donations of any amount are gratefully accepted. Thank you!
Follow us on: