Amplifying Voices In The Breastfeeding Community
The mission of La Leche League USA is to help parents, families, and communities to breastfeed, chestfeed, and human milk feed their babies through parent-to-parent support. At New Beginnings, our goal is to use our platform to share information for and stories from all families. We acknowledge that we haven’t always succeeded in representing all families.
La Leche League USA Diversity and Inclusion Statement states:
“La Leche League USA (LLL USA) is committed to diversity and inclusion. LLL USA supports all breastfeeding, chestfeeding, and human milk feeding families, inclusive of their race, ethnicity, immigration status, national origin, creed, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, family structure, primary language, ability, or socio-economic status. LLL USA fosters diversity among its Leaders so as to incorporate a wide variety of perspectives and responsible decision-making.”
Here at New Beginnings, we know that we learn the most when we listen to the stories of others. Today we are sharing resources that give voice to the experiences of those who most need to be heard right now. We encourage you to read and learn alongside us.
- Black Breastfeeding Week: blackbreastfeedingweek.org/
- Black Mothers’ Breastfeeding Association (BMBFA): blackmothersbreastfeeding.org/
- Black Women Do Breastfeed: blackwomendobreastfeed.org/
- Chocolate Milk Mommies: www.facebook.com/ChocMilkMoms/
- Chocolate Milk: The Documentary: www.chocolatemilkdoc.com/film
- Kimberly Seals Allers: www.kimberlysealsallers.com/
- National Association of Professional and Peer Lactation Supporters of Color (NAPPLSC): napplsc.org/
- Native Breastfeeding Week: www.facebook.com/NativeBreastfeedingWeek/
- Reaching Our Sisters Everywhere (ROSE): www.breastfeedingrose.org/
Please send your story ideas to Amy at [email protected].
Supporting Breastfeeding Families–Today, Tomorrow, Always
Please consider donating to La Leche League USA.
Donations of any amount are gratefully accepted. Thank you!