Share Your Stories With New Beginnings
New Beginnings would like to encourage you to share your breastfeeding and parenting stories with us. Your experiences help to provide support to other families facing the same situations you have already walked through. Personal stories shared with New Beginnings also serve to inform families and supporters of the challenges you have faced in your human milk feeding journey and how you have overcome them.
Did you know that New Beginnings offers an incentive for sharing your stories? La Leche League USA and New Beginnings hold periodic drawings for gift cards. All contributors will be entered in the drawings.
Are you wondering what you can contribute?
These experiences include but are not limited to the following:
- Birth stories
- Human milk feeding (breastfeeding, chestfeeding, supplementing, etc.)
- Gentle discipline
- Book reviews
- Self care through parenthood
- Funny human milk feeding stories
- Sweet things your nursling has said
- Family activities for various ages
- Balancing work and parenting (especially stories about specific jobs)
- Travel tips (traveling with little ones, pumping on the go, storing human milk, etc.)
- Raising siblings (tandem nursing, nursing a newborn while having an older child at home, etc.)
- Family relationships (partners, extended family such as grandparents, dealing with criticism, etc.)
- Challenges (mastitis, low milk supply, oversupply, premature birth, illness of parent or child, allergies, weaning, nursing manners, etc.)
- Human milk feeding from the lens of a support person (partner, grandparent, etc.)
- Role of La Leche League in your parenting
We would love to hear from you, either as a regular contributor or to share one story. Writing your stories can fit into bits of free time that you have. The average blog post is between 700-900 words. Stories should reflect La Leche League philosophy and be told in your own voice. There is no specific style of writing that you need to use. Narratives, reflections from the past, poetry, creative writing, photographs, artwork, and more are all welcome. If you have a story you are willing to share but need assistance, we will help you get it down for the blog by arranging a phone call or exchanging emails in a question and answer style.
Si tienes una historia que compartir o si quieres contribuir con algún artículo a nuestro blog, no dudes en escribir en español. Nos encargaremos de la traducción al inglés.
Please send your questions and/or story submissions to Kylie at [email protected]. We’re excited to hear from you and share your stories.
Supporting Breastfeeding Families–Today, Tomorrow, Always
Please consider donating to La Leche League USA.
Your gift helps support this blog and the website!
Donations of any amount are gratefully accepted. Thank you!
Follow us on: