2023: Voices From New Beginnings
New Beginnings is using the final week of the year to look back at the popular stories shared by parents in 2023 on the La Leche League USA blog.
We’d also like to take this opportunity to thank you for reading our weekly blog posts and sharing these stories of parenting struggles and successes.
As the year comes to a close, we encourage you to reflect on your own parenting and human milk feeding experiences and consider sharing your stories with us. Did you know that New Beginnings offers another great reason to contribute an article? La Leche League USA and New Beginnings hold periodic drawings for gift cards. All contributors will be entered into the drawings.
We’d like to acknowledge the following gift card recipients from this year’s prize drawings.: Shanice L., Erin K., Clara T., Delta V., and Ismatu L. Thank you for contributing your stories and helping us to encourage more families! You can read those stories and a few other popular stories from this year below.
- My Experience Pumping And Working In Law Enforcement by Erin K.
- Michael’s Story: How I Support My Breastfeeding Partner by Michael K.
- Out Of The Mouths Of Nurslings: Retro Edition from July-August 1974 La Leche League News
- Life In A Rebozo by Clara T.
- Postweaning Depression: Still Growing Together by Kylie P.
- La Leche League USA Resources Spotlight: Medications and Breastfeeding
- Shanice’s Story: Addressing My Mental Health Improved My Breastfeeding Journey by Shanice L.
Here are some stories featuring events and breastfeeding celebrations from the past year.
- 2023 United States Breastfeeding Committee National Breastfeeding Conference & Convening: LLL USA Participation by Ismatu L.
- Celebrating Latina/x Breastfeeding Week (Semana de La Lactancia Latina): Chuchú by Delta V.
- Live, Love, Latch!® 2023 Arrives
- Indigenous Milk Medicine Week 2023: “From The Stars To A Sustainable Future”
- Celebrate World Breastfeeding Week 2023
We wish all of our readers and contributors a Happy New Year. If you have story suggestions for the blog or would like to contribute one of your own, please reach out to Kylie at [email protected].
Supporting Breastfeeding Families–Today, Tomorrow, Always
Make your Year-End Gift by Clicking Below
Please consider donating to La Leche League USA.
Your gift helps support this blog and the website!
Donations of any amount are gratefully accepted. Thank you!
Follow us on: