Reading Recommendations: La Leche League USA (Goodreads) Bookshelf
Have you ever come away from a La Leche League Series Meeting thinking about a question that was asked or a topic discussed and thought that you’d like to explore it further? Or perhaps you’ve liked a social media post (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) that encouraged you, and you wondered if you could find additional words of inspiration to help you through the trickier days of parenting.
If that’s the case, you may be interested in browsing through the list of written resources that La Leche League USA has compiled (and continues to add to) on the Goodreads website. If you’re not familiar with Goodreads, it’s a site that allows you to create and maintain a digital bookshelf. You can add books you’ve read, rate, and review them. You can also list books that you want to read.
The LLL USA list is called LLL USA Breastfeeding Support and can be found at https://www.goodreads.com/lll_usa. There are currently 88 books on the bookshelf, including well known La Leche League resources such as The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, Sweet Sleep: Nighttime and Naptime Strategies for the Breastfeeding Family, and Feed Yourself, Feed Your Family: Good Nutrition and Healthy Cooking for New Moms and Growing Families.
Along with these titles, there are suggestions for children’s books, as well as additional titles covering all aspects of pregnancy, childbirth, human milk feeding, and discipline.
New Beginnings has featured several of these titles in the past. In addition, New Beginnings has provided compilations of resources during Black Breastfeeding Week and National Children’s Month.
- This Is How I Grow/Asi Crezco by Dia L. Michels: https://lllusa.org/book-giveaway-this-is-how-i-grow-asi-crezco/
- A Loving Weaning: How To Move Forward Together by Winema Wilson Lanoue: https://lllusa.org/excerpts-from-a-loving-weaning-how-to-move-forward-together/
- Baby-Led Weaning: The (Not-So) Revolutionary Way to Start Solids and Make a Happy Eater by Teresa Pitman: https://lllusa.org/a-conversation-with-teresa-pitman-author-of-baby-led-weaning-the-not-so-revolutionary-way-to-start-solids-and-make-a-happy-eater/
- A Nursing Love Poem by Michelle Neyland: https://lllusa.org/a-nursing-love-poem-a-conversation-with-author-michelle-neyland/
- Black Breastfeeding Week: Resources For Children And Families: https://lllusa.org/black-breastfeeding-week-resources-for-children-and-families/
- Let’s Celebrate National Children’s Month With Breastfeeding Books!: https://lllusa.org/lets-celebrate-national-breastfeeding-month-with-childrens-books/
We’d love to hear your book suggestions. Send your favorite reads (feel free to include a short review!) to Amy at [email protected]. Happy reading!
Supporting Breastfeeding Families–Today, Tomorrow, Always
Please consider donating to La Leche League USA.
Donations of any amount are gratefully accepted. Thank you!